Promoting the citizens of the Ozarks and their lifestyle.
Monday May 20th 2019

Insider

Archives

Friends of the Library

Shell Knob Friends of the Library

Our next meeting is January 14, 2019 at 11:00. (A slight deviation from our normal first Monday of the month…we had scheduling conflicts).  We still need a president if you’d like to volunteer!  We hope to see you there.

————————————————————————————————-

Shell Knob Friends of the Library Meeting Minutes

December 3, 2018

The Shell Knob FOL met December 3, 2018 in the library.

Attendees:  Michelle Mosley, Secretary; Jennie VanHook, Treasurer; Karen Greenlea, member; Anita Augustine, member; Pat Stickle, member.

Absent:  Joanne Gary, VP; Jennifer Cochran librarian.

Minutes from the November meeting were read and approved.

Treasurer Report:   Jennie reported a balanced treasury report of $6545.26.   A $35.00 check was sent to the Chamber of Commerce for membership.

Librarian Report:  No librarian available to give report.

Old Business:

  1. Thank-you note protocol updated.  Notes have been sent for donations and FOL memberships from last month.  Jennie sent an updated membership list to Michelle.
  2. Shellknopoly update.   Unknown currently if were able to get a space on the board.  Will follow up with this on our next meeting.

New Business:

  1. The donation that had been recommended for the anticipated tax levy communication materials may possibly be on hold at this time.  We will await further information from Jennifer when available.  It had been decided at the November meeting for the FOL to give $750.00 to the fund which was due by 12/31/18.  Michelle will follow up with Jennifer.
  2. We discussed the possibility with next years FOL membership drive having a membership card printed for each member.   We will revisit this in the spring with our membership drive.

III.              We have a request from the librarians for $166.69 for Tracy to attend a Bureau of Education and Research seminar in February.  This will require a vote.  It was approved by those present to go forward with the donation.  Michelle will follow up with Joanne Gary to get her input and final vote, then let Jennie know so check can be written if passed.

  1. Book sale – it has been reported that the librarians are getting multiple questions regarding a FOL book sale.  The sale was put on hold this past year due to previously poor turnout.   A discussion was had, and suggestions were made.  A place to store used books is an issue.  Michelle will follow-up with Jennifer regarding the ability to store books in the library basement.  We may be able to incorporate a book sale with various other fundraising venues in the next year.
  2. The information session for the new library is scheduled for this Thursday.  The FOL will provide the snacks.   Jennie will shop for various items needed.   Michelle, Anita, Karen and Jennie will be available on Thursday at various times to assist with the session.  Michelle will follow up with Jennifer regarding any other needs for this.  Jennie and Anita will place the sign board outside of the library.
  3. A discussion was had by all regarding the planning of the fundraiser on May 3, 2019 with a “Ladies Night”.  The discussion included the type and number of vendors, selection of a site and other activities.   Everyone will network to find as much community information as possible.  Michelle will contact the Community Building regarding cost and availability of the building.

The next meeting is scheduled for Monday January 14, 2019 at 11:00am at the library.

The meeting was adjourned at 12:20pm.

 

Submitted by Michelle Mosley, Secretary.

—————————————————– 

Best Regards,

Shell Knob Friends of the Library

Follow us On Facebook!


President – open
Vice President – JoAnn Gary
Secretary – Michelle Mosley
Treasurer – Jennie VanHook
Social Media Administrators – Danasia Hayes/Jennie VanHook

Share

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.